Monday, December 21, 2009

My Brain is MUSH. And Merry Christmas!

I was doing so well keeping up with my blog.  And then…Thanksgiving happened.  And then it was crazy Christmas time again.  I told myself that I would have a low-key, low stress string of holidays.  But like every single year, I did everything on my “not to-do list”.  I wish the holidays were simpler.  I wish I didn’t have so much on my real life to-do list. 

Let me just give you a recap of my past few weeks and then I can start all over on keeping up with my blog.  We went to Sumiton for Thanksgiving which included many small towns along the way.  We came home and I had a busy week of catching up at home and work (due to going to Sumiton).  That first week of December, I had a small gathering of old friends at my house during the week.  I promised myself to have my decorations up and plugged in before Sunday after Thanksgiving, but we ended up having to rearrange our schedule and did not return until Saturday late late late.  The drive was accompanied by a sudden illness.  I was so worried that I was getting the flu!  (Thankfully no.  It passed after a few days.  The sore throat lingered though…)  We were hauling our Christmas tree into the house the night before our gathering.  And the most of the other decorating was done 2 hours prior.  Oh well.  The second week of December included a few more get togethers (JLM, dinner at Bonefish, ornament exchange, etc.).  Busy week!  And Phillip was left with Emerson those nights…Daddy-daughter time much needed.  The third week of December was spent Christmas shopping, more friends, and a bit of time at home.  Oh!  We also finally decorated our Christmas tree that week as well.  So now, we are on to the fourth week of December and I need a nap!

Christmas is almost here and I am so excited!  I hope to have some rest and relaxation a day or 2 before so I can really enjoy our time at home…even if we do have a few houseguests. 

2 comments:

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

post pictures of Emerson!

Anonymous said...

and your decorated tree!
-Catherine