Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One small side effect…

I have been “dieting” for a almost 7 weeks now.  It went like this…Week 1 - First 2 days completely fine, but remaining 5 days completely sucks.  Second week – Better, but still sucks.  Third week – Fine.  Week 4 to 6 – It’s becoming more natural and having little to no problems making the right choices and understanding “treats” not cheats (YES – There is a difference!). 

Diet

But I didn’t foresee one small side effect.  For the first 4 weeks, I was completely exhausted.  I get it…I have a very active 8/9 month old.  Exhaustion is an understatement.  But slowly after Week 5, waking up was easier.  And in Week 6, I noticed that I wasn’t doing everything possible just to keep my eyes open until 10pm.  Plus, waking up at 6ish each morning was even easier.  So as I started Week 7, I found that I had more energy all day…I accomplished more at home and work, I had more energy to just carry on a lengthy conversation, and going to bed late and getting up early wasn’t an issue at all.  On Saturday, I woke up at least 45 minutes before Emerson (shocker!) and just laid in bed, eyes wide open.  And this wasn’t the first time either.  As my mind starting racing, going over all of the things that we need to accomplish today, I realized that something was definitely different.  My attitude is better…I am generally more positive about the possibilities versus focusing on the “somehow I just have to get it all done” attitude.  I have been so focused on losing weight, that I didn’t realize that I would gain a sense of composure due to finally feeling like I have enough energy and sleep. 

So yea to diet changes!  Regardless of whatever makes you finally do it, I say do it!  I hope that this is something that will stay with me forever.  There is no way for me to explain the energy difference in a mere 6 weeks.  Like I said before, I will keep you updated. 

Several people have asked me to write down what I am doing, as it is starting to become noticeable that I have lost weight in a somewhat short period of time.  If you want to know the “rules” that I am following then leave me a comment or an email.  I promise to respond quickly.  I have finally found something that really seems to work for me and I want to know if it works for all of you out there as well!

6 comments:

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

lay the rules on me, you have my email :)

Theresa Carpenter said...

Tonia said you have lost weight! Congrats! I kind of made up my own diet too last year and lost a lot of weight that way. I'm trying to get back on it now so what ever works for you let me know so maybe I can try them too!

Katherine said...

Send rules

Jessica said...

Alright I'm ready, I have been little Miss Piggy this week! Thanks girl!

The Hams said...

Hi there, it's Rachel's friend Iana and I want to know the rules!! ianaham{at}yahoo{dot}com
Thanks!!!

Reagan said...

Let me just say how jealous I am. I have been on this vegetarian/ zero junk food kick for almost 3 weeks and have barely lost 2 pounds. Be glad you have one of those bodies that responds to diets. So happy for you though!