Monday, May 3, 2010

Fine. Here it is. Don’t pee in your pants from excitement.

Do you know how many posts I have in the “draft” section of Windows Live Writer?  I have been writing them since January, but then never get around to adding pictures or finalizing them.  Oh well.  If I only had the time.  Here are some of my new favorites things (besides Emerson, of course!):

1.  Tricia Robinson.  I have written a blog post on the Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival that I promise to post soon.  I promise!  Her art is my inspiration for changing a lot of things lately.  It reminds me not to take things so seriously.  If anyone wants to buy me a gift anytime soon…Please buy me some art…Just sayin’…

2.  Etsy.  My creative side’s eBay.  This was my first Etsy purchase (a bow holder if you haven’t figured it out yet).  Of course, it will say ‘Emerson’ once it’s made and I receive it.  So cute!  I already have so many sellers saved as “favorites” that it’s ridiculous.il_430xN_116208140

3.  I’m Alive by Kenny Chesney.  A little song to remind me that some things in life just aren’t so important after all.  I downloaded it onto my iPod and find it to be a great way to wind down when stressed.  *If you want to watch the video, don’t hit play until it is completely downloaded (noted by the reddish line to the right of the play button) so you can watch the entire thing at once.  It’s a lot better that way! 

4.  Giving away all my clothes.  I know this is a  very odd “favorite”, but it means that I can start over.  I didn’t realize how attached I was to material items, especially clothes that I haven’t worn in years.  It’s been a great learning process.  And it helps that I started cleaning out my closet fat and then finished cleaning skinnier than I have been in a long while.

5.  Appliqué t-shirts.  Why can’t they make them in my size?  I want one too!  Emerson has the cutest clothes with all these appliqués.  Why does adult clothing have to be so serious?  (I love this one from Boden USA.)10GSPR_31408_BLU

5.  New dog.  Awesome.  His name is was Davis.  And now…It’s…Well, I don’t know yet.  But it will start with a ‘T’.  And it won’t be ‘Tavis’ either so don’t even bother to suggest such a silly thing.  Most likely “Toby” is the winner, but I am noncommittal about most everything so this isn’t any different. 

I have made some new resolutions in the recent weeks.  Sticking to them all the time is not my strong suit.  But I am working on that.  Here are just a few:

1.  Making lists.  It helps me keep organized and reminds me what’s left to do.  It’s a love-hate relationship. 

2.  At work means work.  No exceptions.  It’s a constant juggle, but nothing I can’t conquer.

3.  Emerson time means Emerson time.  She’s needy.  And she has a temper.  I’m afraid to make her mad. 

4.  I am refusing to buy anything black for a long while.  I own way too much of it!  Plus, in the midst of giving away all of my clothes to various people and organizations, I kept getting the same comment - “Wow.  You have a lot of black shirts.”  So no more black. 

5.  Wine.  And more of it.  Let me preface that with I am not a big drinker.  But a night or two per week with a small glass isn’t bad…right?  I run around like a crazy person all day and have found that I need my 20 minutes of relaxation and sanity too.  If you aren’t impressed by this resolution, then…move on to the next one and forget that I said that.

6.  Just taking a step back and letting go.  I cannot save the world.  I need to remember that.

No comments: