Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby #2

I thought this deserved more than just a mention in the previous post.  So here goes…We are expecting a new baby boy in June!  Yea!  No name just yet.  Emerson has affectionately named him “Bobby”.  I think it came by coaxing her to say “Baby Brother”.  But now we just refer to him as “Bobby” and I guess its sticking.  (However cute that is…I can say with confidence that he will not be named “Bobby”.)  Now here are my real thoughts… 

O.M.G. 

I have some serious plans for our house.  Here is a brief house plan explanation.  Think of our house as a square box.  There is a bedroom located on each corner which means that the living space is all in the middle (disregard the bonus room upstairs…also known as the “man cave and guitar museum”).  The baby rooms will be all on one side sharing a jack-and-jill bath.  This means that our current playroom will be the new baby’s room.  Therefore, after many long discussions, we have decided to change our guest room into a playroom.  It just doesn’t make sense to keep a room solely dedicated to using approximately 6 weekends a year.  At first, I didn’t think that would fly…But after many sleepless nights (*sarcasm*), I decided it is OUR house.  And we need to use it in ways that would best work for US.  That’s not saying we won’t still have out of town guests.  But we just won’t have the traditional guest room fluffed (yes, I said fluffed) to the liking of others.  So after all that blah blah blah’ing about the dynamics of our house, I am trying to say that the guest room needs to be cleaned out, furniture removed, painted, and turned into the playroom…then the current playroom needs to be cleaned out, painted, and turned into a new nursery…then various other small house projects need to be completed.  It’s a lot of work.  And as I just figured out, we have 16 weeks to do it all.  O.M.G.

But beyond house changes, we really know what to expect this go round.  I guess that is why it has been a non-issue so far.  I just wish I had time to clean or organize like I did before Emerson.  But as soon as I pat myself on the back for putting things in their proper bins or cabinets, Emerson is “yea’ing” and clapping at herself for pulling it all out and handing it to me [my eyes are rolling even as I type this]. 

I decided to take a break from nursery shopping tonight to write this blog entry (i.e. checking out tons of websites, storing ideas in my brain, and then most likely do nothing with any of them).  I guess its normal to do this, but I keep peeking at the baby girl stuff.  It’s just so dang cute!  The baby boy stuff I have found just isn’t as cute…and beyond that, there just isn’t as much of it as there is for little girl’s.  So sad!  Truthfully, I had secretly hoped for a girl.  Beyond having the most adorable nursery, Emerson had/has the most adorable wardrobe.  And as she grows out of things, I want to turn back time so she can wear it just one more time.  I bought a few things along the way that I didn’t really love.  It was okay and it fulfilled the purpose of why we bought it (cotton shirts or play clothes).  So as I packed things away and started getting things ready to consign, I really really really hoped for that second girl.  But alas, it’s a boy.  On the up-side, I am enjoying buying little boy things.  And from this point on, I decided that Emerson and “Bobby” will always be dressed in things that are cute, no matter the occasion.  I almost said “clean” too, but that’s just impossible.  Of course, it’s clean when put on…After that, well, it’s not going to stay that way for long.  So in the meantime, I will keep looking for that sweet baby boy nursery inspiration I need. 

1 comment:

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

We are so excited about Bobby Garrett! :) I have some how managed to get Barrett a cute wardrobe, so it's possible. It's just a lot harder!