Friday, March 4, 2011

“The Countdown” apparently started before I was even counting.

In the last post, I said that we have 16 weeks.  Well, after much more reading on various baby websites, I have decided to drop that number to 12 weeks.  I need to be ready in 12 weeks (full-term status).  Oh no.  That is NOT enough time.  I have done nothing.  NOTHING.

So, I have pretty much decided that although I loved Emerson’s custom made bedding, we will be going with the pre-made stuff this go round.  Unfortunately, cheaper is not really the deciding factor (because it just isn’t any cheaper).  It’s just that I haven’t really fallen in love with fabrics and don’t have as much time to devote to the search.  I guess because I have figured out what I like and don’t like over the past 2 years, it just isn’t that hard to say an affirmative yes or no to almost everything.  I did find a simple pre-made set I liked recently so I plan to just not over think the whole thing and just order it.  Now, to convince myself, I am not OCD and can do something so stress free.  I am not OCD.  I am not OCD.  I am not OCD…

The only hard thing is that we definitely need to buy a second crib.  Annoying.  I went for the heirloom iron (and did I say expensive?) crib with Emerson.  Of course, assuming we wouldn’t be in this situation…  At 21 months, Emerson is definitely not ready for the “big girl bed” just yet.  And if I have to buy a second crib anyway then I guess I will just let her stay in a baby bed as long as she pleases.  So as I sit here in love with the first crib we bought, it’s hard to focus on a second and definitely less expensive crib.  Maybe just a simple white jenny lind crib???  I’m not into the convertible cribs so that’s out.  Who knows…  Something like this maybe…minus the monkey bedding and wheels?  And should I just take the time to put Emerson in it now knowing she won’t be using it for long…and give the “heirloom” crib to the “Bobby”?  So many questions!

Product Image DaVinci Jenny Lind Stationary Crib - White

I am not OCD.  I am not OCD.  I am not OCD…

1 comment:

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

I wanted a Jenny Lind crib for B, but Keith hated them. :( I think they work so well with ANYTHING. Good luck, I can't wait to see another fabulous nursery.