Saturday, January 23, 2010

My New Purchases!

I did the unthinkable today…I bought a jogging stroller!  (I say unthinkable because jogging is just such a foreign word to me.) The winner is…BOB Revolution. 

102286CHOCBLUE0I have no experience with jogging strollers.  And I definitely did not know anything about them until I started looking online.  (Don’t you hate it when you think something is just so simple only to find there are thousands of brands and options that turn it into something so difficult?)  I read a ton of reviews and this one seemed to work for most (and had the most things I wanted as well).  It will be here sometime next week.  Yea!  (FYI – Not sure I am going to be doing a lot of jogging, but you find out real quick that the normal stroller doesn’t like the uneven sidewalks, dirt, etc. that you find when you are outside.)

In the spirit of being more active in 2010, I also went to McCoy’s Outdoor in Mobile today.  I bought a new pair of running shoes.  (I have always tried to start walking/running several times in the past and ended up with hurt knees, shins, or ankles.  Therefore, I stop running.  So I figured it may be the shoes…)  That doesn’t necessarily mean I will be running in them, but I do need a new pair for walking or any exercise I may find myself doing in the future.  Joe (at McCoy’s) fitted me with a pair of Asics that are specifically designed for “overpronation”. (See the article for more explanation on that…because I had never heard that word until today.) and narrow feet. 

T054N_9136M In the spirit of new running shoes, I have also decided to participate in the Azalea Trail Run this year.  I printed my registration form today and will be sending it in this week.  Let me know if you want to run (jog, walk, etc.) with me!

atrcircle

3 comments:

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

You did the right thing by being fitted for shoes! It makes a big difference with the ol' knees. THE BOB! wow, you are serious about this running thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Are you doing the 5k or 10k ATR?

Catherine

Get Off Your A.S.K. said...

Matt and I are running the ATR as well! We'll have to meet up. Shoes make all of the difference in any type of exercise so you definitely did the good thing by getting a pair specifically for your feet.